Organisations supporting Women in the Live Events sector
Joanna is an active member of the following projects to support women in the Live events industry. Acting as a mentor and promoting equal opportunities for all across the industry through education, support and raising profile of specific issues to the wider community.
WiSE is a networking and professional development organization for women in the stage entertainment industry. Aimed at raising the profile of women working in the industry we strive to provide a dynamic forum where members can share information, opportunities and support while promoting equity, equality, and sustainability across the industry.
1. To offer women at all stages of their careers support, mentorship, internships and life long learning opportunities
2. To lobby to remove the barriers that women face in their daily working lives so they can flourish and thrive in their chosen careers
3. To ensure successful women in the industry are more visible and provide positive role models.
4. To illustrate ways in which women can continue to work in the industry once they settle down and / or have families.
5. To encourage the industry to look at working hours and conditions, childcare facilities, jobshare potential, continuous learning, re- entry access points.
6. To carry out funded research into the the issues that affect women in stage entertainment industry and the ongoing effects those issues can have.
WISE is an organization that deals with the serious issues, which currently profoundly affect a woman’s career choices head on. All contributions, ideas, suggestions are welcome.
NETWORK OF WOMEN IN EVENTS
The aim of NOWIE is to create a forum for professional women in the Events Industry.
To capitalise on the breadth of knowledge and skills that exist in our workforce.
To offer training and support to women at all levels in their careers (some whom may be abroad, or from disadvantaged communities in the UK) and to widen the opportunities and skills of everyone involved.
It's about having fun, making our Industry work for us and, at times, drawing recognition from the wider community.
We look to the women of NOWIE to inspire other women, to challenge Industry clichés and traditions and to create a positive and sustainable industry for our future prodigies and colleagues •